Most of us are either Vets, or family of Vets. When we set out almost two years ago to “do good” for Vets, we quickly realized that it was a crowded space filled with everything from big machine charities to small unknowns. In true Kyrus Charities fashion, we settled on a focus of seeking out the existing, great charities, and making them even better.
By providing an all-volunteer staff we’re able to limit overhead costs to maximize your charitable dollars. We also thoroughly review the charities we work with to ensure that funds and projects go towards actual Veteran Programs, and not towards something like marketing swag, address labels, or hefty CEO salaries. A requirement to work with Kyrus Charities is that all funds raised go to a restricted pot of money only to be used for the predesignated purpose.
The mission of Kyrus Charities’ Veteran Support Program is to create and run unique fundraising events and Accelerant projects to enhance the effectiveness of existing Veteran charities.
upcoming veterans support events
Shooting for Service Dogs – October 25, 2016
An estimated 184 veterans are diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and 20 commit suicide every day. Specially trained PTS service dogs can be the difference between life and death for our nation’s military members past and present. Unfortunately the intensive training these service dogs require is expensive, costing upwards of $20,000 per dog. To this end, Kyrus Charities is hosting Shooting for Service Dogs. All proceeds from this event will go directly to American Humane, to support their Active-Duty Military and Veteran Service Dog Program.
Shooting for Service Dogs is a friendly target shooting and skills competition to raise money for the American Humane Active-Duty Military and Veteran Service Dog Program. Our goal is to raise $50,000 which is enough to provide TWO service dogs to our nation’s heros in need.
The Silver Eagle Group has generously agreed to host the shooting competition.
Raffle and Prizes
Our Shooting for Service Dogs raffle is now live! You can sign up for the raffle here for a chance to win some awesome prizes. Our prizes include:
- Sig Sauer 1911 Super Target — Generously donated by Sig Sauer
- 2 Hornady prize packages
- More prizes to be determined!
If you’d like to participate in our raffle by donating an item, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Tickets and Donations
Tickets and online donations can be made using the links below.
Any and all support is greatly appreciated, including “in-kind” donations to support our prizes, raffles and silent auction (e.g., gift cards, discounts, merchandise, “swag”). Please email us at email@example.com for more details!
You may also RSVP via email, and purchase your ticket the day of the event. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Event admission includes the following:
- Entry to Silver Eagle’s premium ranges
- Series of PISTOL shooting skills, stations, and challengers
- Steel Shoot Course involving movement and target engagement
- Ammo for Skill Ranges and Steel Course (only 9mm, .40, and .45 will be provided*)
- Access to raffles, prizes, and silent auctions
- T-Shirt detailing the event, charities, and sponsors
- Opportunity to meet and speak with Veterans who have received service dogs
- Reception with food and beverage provided by Famous Dave’s Sterling and Sense of Thai
What to bring:
- Silver Eagle waiver (you are required to fill out an online waiver ahead of time here)
- Pistol with 3 magazines
- Holster and magazine pouch
- Eye and ear protection
- Ammo (if needed*)
- Comfortable clothing/shoes with a sturdy belt
All items may be rented or borrowed the day of the event
* For planning purposes, we are limiting the provided ammo to 9mm, .40, and .45. You are welcome to bring any other pistol caliber to the event, but ammo will NOT be provided. Also, please note only frangible rounds may be used on the Steel Course.
Shooting for Service Dogs Sponsors
Kyrus Charities would like to thank all sponsors for their generosity. We could not put on an event such as this without lots of help. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details on sponsorship opportunities!
Kyrus Charities is offering a variety of ways to support the Shooting for Service Dogs event.
All sponsors will receive the following base package:
- Two tickets to the event
- Sponsor logo featured on event marketing material
- Recognition on event websites and social media posts
- Acknowledgement the day of the event
The following sponsorship packages are available
- T-shirt Sponsors — $500: SOLD OUT
- Target Sponsors — $1000: Sponsors will receive the base package and their logo featured on the target in shooting skill lanes
- Reception Sponsors — $2000: Sponsors will receive the base package and their logo featured on banner and additional recognition during the reception
- Full-Auto Sponsors — $2500: Sponsors will receive the base package and their logo featured on the banner for the Full Auto shoot
- Ammo Sponsors — $2500: Sponsors will receive the base package and their logo featured on all ammo boxes used
- Steel Course Sponsors — $5000: Sponsors will receive the base package and their logo featured on multiple targets and banners for the Steel Course
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on sponsorship opportunities!