Post-Traumatic Fitness and Rehab
Most of us are either Vets, or family of Vets. When we set out almost two years ago to “do good” for Vets, we quickly realized that it was a crowded space filled with everything from big machine charities to small unknowns. In true Kyrus Charities fashion, we settled on a focus of seeking out the existing, great charities, and making them even better.
By providing an all-volunteer staff we’re able to limit overhead costs to maximize your charitable dollars. We also thoroughly review the charities we work with to ensure that funds and projects go towards actual Veteran Programs, and not towards something like marketing swag, address labels, or hefty CEO salaries. A requirement to work with Kyrus Charities is that all funds raised go to a restricted pot of money only to be used for the predesignated purpose.
The mission of Kyrus Charities’ Veteran Support Program is to create and run unique fundraising events and Accelerant projects to enhance the effectiveness of existing Veteran charities.
upcoming veterans support events
Kyrus Charities is excited to put on our 1st Annual Adult Pinewood Derby: Racing for Service Dogs. All proceeds from this event will go directly to Leashes of Valor to support their Veteran Service Dog Program. Leashes of Valor is a national non-profit working to provide every veteran who needs one with a highly-trained service dog to assist them in mitigating the symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Their mission is to bring service dogs and veterans together in order to enrich and improve the lives of both.
Racing for Service Dogs is an Adult Pinewood Derby to raise money for Leashes of Valor’s Veteran Service Dog Program.
Saturday, June 16th, 2018 — 12:00-6:00
Twinpanzee Brewing has generously agreed to host the race at their brewery
- Register below
- Buy/build/decorate your car ($7.99 on Amazon Prime – http://a.co/1xxz2Yt)
- Don’t want to build, and just want to have fun? We have a number of pre-built cars you can borrow
- Email email@example.com to reserve one
- UPDATE: Short on time?? We found pre-cut cars ($12 – Batman, Superman, more!) @ Amazon and Michael’s
- Show up, Check-in, and race!
Schedule on Race Day (Sat, June, 16th):
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Check-in
- 1:00 – 4:00 – Elimination Races
- 4:00 – 4:30 – Set up for Finals
- 4:30 – 5:00 – Finals
- 5:00 – 5:30 – Awards and Raffle/Silent Auction Winners
- Must use the listed kit ($7.99 on Amazon Prime – http://a.co/1xxz2Yt)
- Car Specifications: Weight – 5 Ounces max; Width: 2-3/4″; Length: 7″; Height: 4″
- No wheel bearings, washers, and bushings
- No springs, shocks, etc…
- Only dry lubricant is permitted (e.g., graphite)
- Gravity is the gas. No starting devices, rockets, rubber bands, CO2, etc…
- Each car must pass inspection at Check-in. If a car does not pass, we’ll tell you why and will give you a chance to fix it
- Design/Decorate: Have fun, but keep it PG. There will likely be families around the brewery
- Note: adding material to the bottom of the car could cause it to rub against the track and “bottom out”
Raffles and Prizes
Prizes/Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and Most Original Design
UPDATE: Twinpanzee Brewing has announced that a beer will be named after the 1st Place Winner!
We will have raffles and silent auctions onsite the day of the event
- Now accepting donations!
If you’d like to participate in our raffle by donating an item, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Registration Tickets and Donations
Registration Tickets ($30) are for Racers ONLY. Spectators are free. Registration and Online donations can be made using the links below.
Any and all support is greatly appreciated, including “in-kind” donations to support our prizes, raffles and silent auction (e.g., gift cards, discounts, merchandise, “swag”). Please email us at email@example.com for more details!
Registration ($30) includes the following:
- Reserves your spot in the racing line-up
- Swag bag
- Snacks and Softdrinks
- Access to raffles, prizes, and silent auctions
- Opportunity to meet and speak with the Leashes of Valor Team
What to bring:
- Your car – ready for inspection
- Tools to modify your car in event it fails inspection
- Extra graphite (may be reapplied before final race)
- Money for raffles, silent auctions, beer and food trucks
Is there a minimum age to enter?
This is an adult race at a brewery, so 21 to enter. Families are welcome to come cheer and enjoy the day
What do I get with my registration?
(1) Car entry. Spectators are free
Racing make me hungry/thirsty. What do I do?
Twinpanzee Brewing will have some awesome beers on tap for purchase, and there will be food trucks onsite. We will also have snacks available
What else is there to do?
We’ll have raffles and silent auctions. Twinpanzee also has cornhole, TVs, music, and an outdoor area to hang out.
But do I have to stay the whole time?
Not at all. You’re welcome to hang out all day or only stay for your race. We’ll notify the racers who make the finals
I’m only in it for the dogs/vets. What about me?
Our friends at Leashes of Valor will be onsite and available to discuss their programs (https://leashesofvalor.org/). They will have their Service Dogs and Service Dogs-In-Training. They’re on the job, though, so don’t forget to ask before petting.
Racing for Service Dogs Sponsors
Kyrus Charities would like to thank all sponsors for their generosity. We could not put on an event such as this without lots of help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on sponsorship opportunities!
Kyrus Charities is offering a variety of ways to support the Racing for Service Dogs event.
All sponsors will receive the following base package:
- Sponsor logo featured on event marketing material
- Recognition on event websites and social media posts
- Acknowledgement the day of the event
The following sponsorship packages are available
- “Heat” Sponsors — $500: Sponsor will have a race “Heat” named after them, be recognized, and have their logo featured during the heat
- Team Sponsors — $1000: “Heat” package + (4) car registrations and custom logo stickers made for their cars and all swag bags
- Weigh-in Sponsor — $1000 (1 total): “Heat” package + banner/recognition at the Check-in table
- Checkered Flag Sponsor — $1000 (1 total): “Heat” package + banner/recognition at the Trophy Ceremony
- The “Ricky Bobby” — $2500 (1 total): The main Race Day Sponsor includes: “Team” package + banner/recognition featured throughout the day
Please contact email@example.com for more information on sponsorship opportunities!
previous veterans support events
Shooting for Service Dogs – October 25, 2016
An estimated 184 veterans are diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and 20 commit suicide every day. Specially trained PTS service dogs can be the difference between life and death for our nation’s military members past and present. Unfortunately the intensive training these service dogs require is expensive, costing upwards of $20,000 per dog. To this end, Kyrus Charities is hosting Shooting for Service Dogs. All proceeds from this event will go directly to American Humane, to support their Active-Duty Military and Veteran Service Dog Program.
Shooting for Service Dogs is a friendly target shooting and skills competition to raise money for the American Humane Active-Duty Military and Veteran Service Dog Program. Our goal is to raise $50,000 which is enough to provide TWO service dogs to our nation’s heros in need.
The Silver Eagle Group has generously agreed to host the shooting competition.